Our Green and Litter-Free Events program provides recycling bins, bags and other resources to help you minimize waste at neighborhood events, community festivals, cultural gatherings, races and other outdoor events. Our program helps you educate the public, save money by conserving resources, reduce landfill use and decrease event clean-up.
- Complete our online reservation form (scroll down to complete form)
- After your request has been approved and paid for, we will release the supplies. The supplies can be picked up at one of the two recycling centers listed below. NOTE: We need at least 5 days prior to your event to process your order.
- After your event, we ask that you return the recycling bins and banners to the recycling center you rented them from, and fill out an Evaluation Form so that we can track the success of your event! If the bins are not returned to the correct recycling center, we will charge you a $150 transportation fee.
Last year, our program helped recycle nearly five tons of material from 42 events, reaching more than 235,000 people throughout the Kansas City area. When planning your events, consider developing your waste-management strategy according to our Green Event Planning Guide. We provide many ideas about how to make your event more environmentally conscious, such as:
- How to strategically manage recycling at your event
- How to coordinate with event sponsors, vendors and facilities
- How to make your promotional materials more environmentally friendly
- How to recruit, manage and recognize Volunteers
- How to go beyond recycling to make your event sustainable
Materials may be picked up or dropped off at two community recycling centers during regular operating hours. Locations include:
- Deramus – 4707 Deramus Ave. KCMO 64127 | Wed – Sat, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- South – 5200 E. Red Bridge Rd., KCMO 64137 | Wed – Sat, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Need extra assistance? For a nominal fee, we can help!
If you are looking for extra assistance to make your event “green”, we can help! Bridging The Gap has many years experience helping transform community events into more sustainable venues. For a nominal fee, we can assist with bin placement; provide guidance on the rental of proper landfill, recycling and composting bins; arrange organic, recycling and waste disposal with haulers, including Missouri Organic; provide volunteers to monitor your recycling stations, and more! Pricing depends on the size of your event – from $500 to $2,500 for most events. Please contact Cecilia Wilborn at 816-561-1061 ext. 135 or email for more information.
Some of our success stories include:
- New Belgium Brewing Clips and Film Tour 2012 – 2016 (in 2016 we reached 98% diversion from landfill!)
- Boulevardia 2015 + 2014
- Chiefs, Arrowhead Stadium (both the concourse and parking lot) 2014 season
Green Event Rental Form