KC Tree Corps: Arborist Pre-Apprenticeship
Application Open for Spring 2024!
32 hours a week (Monday – Thursday)
Next session starts April 2024!
What is KC Tree Corps?
KC Tree Corps is a pre-apprenticeship certification program training participants to attain the skills necessary for an entry-level position in arboriculture or a related field. The pre-apprentice will gain skills through instruction and experience learning strategies. The curriculum includes work readiness skills, job-specific abilities and knowledge development. Upon completion of the 10-week course, pre-apprentices will have been exposed and/or received certificates in the following areas.
- 320 hours of paid, on-the-job and classroom training
- Gain certification and industry credentials including:
- Ground Operations 1: Fundamentals (TCIA)
- Ground Operations 2: Chipper Specialist (TCIA)
- Ground Operations 3: Chain Saw Specialist (TCIA)
- Introduction to Arboriculture Safety (TCIA)
- OSHA-10 Training
- CPR/First-Aid Certification
- Heartland Tree Alliance Tree Keeper
Gain fundamental skills for the workplace such as:
- Professional communication
- Conflict resolution
- Professional development skills and training
- Computer skills with exposure to Google Maps, Microsoft Office Suite and ESRI Arc GIS
- Leadership skills working as a team and with public advocacy and volunteerism
Contact Sarah Crowder
Main Street Tree Care
Funding Provided By: