Celebrating the awesome natural beauty around us and inspiring audiences to help protect the environment we all share, this year’s Wild & Scenic Film Festival is at 7 p.m. on October 19 and 20 at the Glenwood Arts Ranch Mart Theater. This fast-paced collection of adventure travel and extreme sport films features breathtaking landscapes across the globe, and ticket proceeds will benefit BTG along with other educational outreach and service programs in our local community.
Wed Oct 19th & Thurs Oct 20th
Doors Open 6:30 p.m.
Films 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Glenwood Arts Ranch Mart Theater
95th & Mission Road, Leawood, KS
Tickets are $10 each.
Student tickets (with a student ID) are $5 at the door.
Purchase tickets for Wednesday, October 19
Purchase tickets for Thursday, October 20
The films will highlight the diversity of people, cultures, and amazing places worldwide:
- Wild Adventure Travel: From Alaska, British Columbia, the Pacific Northwest to the southern tip of Patagonia through Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina. From the depths of the Baatara Gorge in Lebanon to the summits of the Isle of Skye in Scotland. From the estuaries of Hudson Bay in Manitoba to the deserts of Morocco, with a touch of the French Alps and Greek Islands.
- Scenic Landscapes: Great Lakes, Grand Canyons, Majestic Mountains, Raging Rivers, Wild Coastlines, Jaw-Dropping Gorges, Boundless Rich Plains and Valleys.
- Exhilarating Extreme Sport: Rock Climbing, Cliff Diving, Mountain Biking, Highline Tightrope Balancing, Whitewater Rafting, Kayaking.
100% of the festival proceeds benefit educational outreach and service programs in our local community organized by student groups, non-profits, and philanthropists.
- The SME Coalition (Shawnee Mission East High School)
- U.S. Green Building Council – Central Plains Community
- American Society of Civil Engineers – Kansas City Section
- Bridging The Gap (Greater KC Metro, 5 Counties)
- Jeffrey L. Bruce & Company
- ASP Enterprises
- Fine Arts Theatres (Glenwood Arts Ranch Mart & Rio )
- Kansas International Film Festival