Volunteering during COVID-19
At Bridging The Gap, the well-being of our volunteers, staff, partners, and communities is our top priority, during the COVID-19 outbreak and always. Our team continues to follow updates and recommendations from the CDC and local government. Based on the current guidelines and the understanding that working outdoors has a low risk for disease transmission, below is our current plan for volunteer engagement:
- All volunteer opportunities are outdoors.
- We will always follow the most current local guidelines for gathering sizes, which is not restricted at this time.
- All volunteers and staff are encouraged to properly wear face masks while in close proximity with other volunteers or the public, but most of the time we will be spread out. Please bring your own mask.
- We will continue to avoid close contact including handshakes, high-fives, and hugs with fellow workday participants.
- BTG will provide hand sanitizer accessible to all staff and volunteers.
- At this time, we are not providing water coolers or snacks, so please bring your own.
Thank you for all you do for Bridging The Gap. We are honored to work alongside our region’s most caring, community-minded, and generous volunteers. Together we’ll keep each other’s spirits up and use this time to learn new ways to care for and support each other and our planet.