At Bridging The Gap, the well-being of our volunteers, staff, partners, and communities is our top priority, during the COVID-19 outbreak and always. Our team is closely following updates and recommendations from the CDC and local government. We’re pleased to be able to offer our community opportunities to feel productive, stretch your muscles, and give back locally–all of which may help us manage mental health during this stressful time. Together, we can make meaningful impacts on our local environment, with a few extra safety precautions in place. If you are ready to get involved, please review our updated volunteer guidelines below and then complete our volunteer interest form or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our current opportunities.
Based on the latest guidelines and the understanding that working outdoors has a low risk for disease transmission, below is our current plan for volunteer engagement:
- All volunteer opportunities are outdoors.
- The size of volunteer groups will be limited to be able to maintain a safe distance. We will always follow the most current local guidelines for gathering sizes.
- All volunteers and staff are required to properly wear face masks or coverings (covering the nose and mouth) while working or volunteering with Bridging The Gap and in proximity with other volunteers or the public. Please bring your own mask.
- All volunteers will be required to answer three COVID-19 screening questions. This form will be emailed to you within 24 hours of your volunteer event and must be printed, completed, and submitted when you check-in. Forms can also be completed on-site, prior to volunteering.
- Everyone should avoid close contact including handshakes, high-fives, and hugs with fellow workday participants and should maintain 6-foot distancing.
- BTG staff will continue increased sanitizing measures for all tools and supplies, including safety vests and gloves.
- BTG will provide hand sanitizer accessible to all staff and volunteers.
- At this time, we are not providing water coolers or snacks, so please bring your own.
- We encourage populations most vulnerable to COVID-19 to consider staying home.
This is a very challenging and uncertain time for everyone, and we encourage all our volunteers to follow guidelines of social distancing and health measures from the CDC for the health and well-being of our entire community. We know that these guidelines are changing rapidly and are prepared to adapt as needed.
Thank you for all you do for Bridging The Gap. We are honored to work alongside our region’s most caring, community-minded, and generous volunteers. Together we’ll keep each other’s spirits up and use this time to learn new ways to care for and support each other and our planet.