- This event has passed.
Volunteer: Blue River Watershed Litter Cleanup
September 27 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Do you know where litter goes? Litter in streets and parking lots flow into storm drains, which then empty into local creeks and rivers. In other words, if it’s on the ground, it’s in our water! That’s why we need your help to clean up litter along a creek that flows into the Blue River at Red Bridge Rd. in Kansas City, Missouri!
At the workday, we’ll share some information about this watershed, have a short training, and clean up litter along the creek. To access the litter near the creek, we will need to walk through some tall plants.
We will provide litter grabbers, safety vests, trash bags and gloves.
Intersection of E. 110th St. and Virginia Ave. adjacent to:
10949 Virginia Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64131
All volunteers must:
- Register online in advance. If you are unable to sign up online please contact us.
- Be at least 11 years of age with a supervising adult, or at least 16 to volunteer alone.
- Agree to electronic liability waiver, if 18 yrs old and over. All volunteers under 18 yrs old must bring a hard copy of the waiver cosigned by a parent. The auto-confirmation email will have a link to the printable waiver for volunteers under 18.
- If you are with a group, please enter it in the Group You are Volunteering With field below. Contact us to ensure we have enough space for your team.
- Please bring a re-usable water bottle filled with water that you can carry with you. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes and long pants are a must. We recommend long sleeves to protect against poison ivy. Muck or rain boots are also highly recommended if you have them! Consider a hat, sunscreen and bug spray.
After submitting registration, each volunteer will receive an auto-email confirmation with additional details.