September 6 @ 6:30 pm - October 4 @ 9:00 pm| $50.00
TreeKeepers is a hands-on educational course for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of trees or to become more involved in the community. These courses are great for gardeners, City employees, landscape providers, Master Gardeners, students and retirees.
All indoor sessions will be held at the Sylvester Powell Jr. Community Center , 6200 Martway Street. The Saturday workday will be held at Broadmoor Park.
Class graduates will receive a TreeKeepers Handbook, certificate of completion and are encouraged to participate in HTA volunteer workdays!
If you cannot attend all the sessions, you can make them up at a later date (at no charge)!
- Thursday, September 6th: 6:30 – 9:00 pm | Benefits of Trees | Tree Identification
- Thursday, September 13th: 6:30 – 9:00 pm | Urban Soils | Basic Tree Biology
- Thursday, September 20th: 6:30 – 9:00 pm |Tree Planting | Tree Selection
- Thursday, September 27th: 6:30 – 9:00 pm |Tree Pruning
- Saturday, September 29th: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Pruning, Planting and Tree ID Field Day (All tools provided by HTA)
- Thursday, October 4th: 6:30 – 9:00 pm | Tree Problems, Insects and Diseases