Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Event: Finding Opportunities in Waste Management for Your Business

July 19, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am

Is your business maximizing its waste stream for resource recovery and cost savings? What recyclables are yielding the highest return on the materials market? How does process efficiency play a vital role in sustainable materials management?

Explore these questions and more as we hear from local experts on sustainable waste management best practices for your business. We’ll tour the Goodwill Outlet facility in Kansas City, MO, to learn how they process all of the waste and unsold goods from all of the metro Goodwill locations, which amounts to approximately 4,500 tons a year. The Outlet has been working to reduce waste and divert about 80% of their waste stream every year through recycling efforts, and has recently begun working with Bridging The Gap to eliminate the remaining 20%.

This event is free for Green Business Network and Kansas City Industrial Council members, and $15 for non-members.



July 19, 2017
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Event Category:
Event Tags:
, ,


Goodwill Outlet
1800 North Corrington Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64120 United States
+ Google Map


Leslie Barland
816-561-1061, ext 128