Job Opening – 0.75 FTE Green Stewards Program Manager:
Bridging The Gap is excited to announce two job openings for the development and implementation of our new Green Stewards Program. The Green Stewards Program is designed to support Kansas City Water Services Department in the day-to-day maintenance of constructed green infrastructure projects and to provide a workforce development opportunity for Kansas City, Missouri residents. Click here to download a pdf copy.
Green Stewards Program Manager 0.75 FTE
The Program Manager will lead the effort in developing and implementing the Green Stewards program. The Program Manager will provide direct supervision for the Green Stewards Field Crew Leader and work collaboratively to schedule daily activities that ensure the maintenance work meets a standard of excellence and to ensure training and safety of all the team members. The Program Manager will also create and maintain workforce development strategies and partnerships to support the success of the Green Steward participants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the personnel process: hiring, performance management, safety and other required training in collaboration with the Operations Director
- Track condition and activities for each work-site and with input from the Green Stewards Crew Leader create a weekly work plan
- Compile and analyze data collected by the field crew and utilize the data to develop a monthly report and adjust maintenance scheduling
- Monitor the performance of the crew via site visits and other communication
- Plan and recruit attendance for two NGICP (National Green Infrastructure Certification Program) trainings, annually
- Attend NGICP Training and attain certification
- Collaborate and provide guidance to each
- Green Stewards team member and the Green Stewards Crew Leader to discover barriers to success in the program and explore options and solutions
- Knowledge and enforcement of all state laws (i.e. wearing seat belts), OSHA and program safety rules. Will provide the Green Stewards Crew Leader guidance and monitor the implementation of safe work practices
- Determine the need for and organize additional training, create curriculum and work with non-profit partners to meet team and individual goals
- Coordinate media and public relations with City
- Foster and maintain positive, collaborative, and open relationships with community leaders, businesses, public agencies, educational institutions, and non-profit partners to further the vision of the program including developing career pathways for the Green Stewards
- Represent BTG and the Green Stewards program at meetings and community events
- In collaboration with the Green Stewards Field Crew Leader, develop safety policies and best practices; monitor, evaluate, and update as needed
- Meet and communicate with KCMO Smart Sewer team to report progress and issues, review and collaborate to improve the programs processes and performance, and to access resources for the program
- Other job-related duties as requested and subject to reasonable accommodation.
- BA or equivalent experience required in social welfare, environment, public administration, human services, education or related field
- 3-5 years of relatable experience in people, process or program management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to building strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage people
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing all perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members
- Ability to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines
- Commitment to integrity and quick follow through
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic computer skills and experience using Excel and databases
- Must be familiar with the greater Kansas City metropolitan area with experience working in diverse communities
- All candidates will be subject to a background check within compliance with applicable local, state and federal law
- Occasional evening and weekend hours. Mostly takes place in an office setting though there will be visits and meetings at green infrastructure work sites.
- Green Stewards Crew Leader
Salary & Benefits
- Benefits include 90% of health, dental and vision insurance, and, 100% disability and life insurance, 2 weeks of paid vacation, paid holiday between Christmas and New Year’s Day, flexible scheduling, when appropriate, supportive team atmosphere and a dog friendly office.
- Pay range is $32,000 to 38,000 ($42,000 – $50,000 Full Time Equivalent).
Bridging The Gap is an equal opportunity employer and understands the value of having a team with a diversity of experiences and perspectives to optimize our potential for compassion, collaboration, creativity and excellence in service. BTG encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. To apply, please send (email preferred) a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications for the position including: work background, education, experience, and other skills that may qualify for this position to:
Bridging The Gap
Attn: Becki DeRusseau
1427 W 9th St, #201
Kansas City, MO 64101